Dudley borough leisure (DBL) in partnership with Dudley’s adult learning team, are looking for people to join a lifeguard pre-training programme. DBL have vacancies for lifeguards which can be applied for following successful completion of the programme.
To access a place on the programme you must be 19 years or above, unemployed and complete a successful swim test and interview.
Swim tests will be held on Monday 31 October from 11am to 12pm. For the test you will need to be able to:
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 meters in less than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 meters continuously on front and back in deep water
• Tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to the floor of the pool
• Climb out unaided without ladder/steps where the pool design permits
Following successful completion of the swim test, a pre-training course will be held for two weeks, at Duncan Edwards Leisure Centre in Dudley, from Monday 14 November. You must attend every day to pass the course which includes:
• First aid qualification
• Core skills learning
• Customer service package
• Employment/ interview techniques
On completion of pre-training you will be able to apply for lifeguard vacancies with DBL or other leisure centres in neighbouring boroughs.
To book a place on the swim test call 01384 818143