DB Leisure in partnership with Dudley Adult Learning are offering free training to become a lifeguard, with lifeguarding jobs up for grabs across the borough’s leisure centres.
To be eligible for the lifeguard training, you must over 19 years old and complete a successful swim test and interview.
Swim tests will be held on Tuesday 28 June, at Duncan Edwards Leisure Centre.
For the swim tests you will need to be able to (in shorts) do the following:
· Jump/dive into deep water
· Swim 50 meters in less than 60 seconds
· Swim 100 meters continuously on front and back in deep water
· Tread water for 30 seconds
· Surface dive to the floor of the pool
· Climb out unaided without ladders/steps
What’s involved in the training?
Following a successful swim test and interview, we will be delivering the training course from Monday 11 July, which includes:
· Institute of Qualified Lifeguards (IQL) Lifeguard Award or equivalent
· First aid qualification
· Core skills learning
· Customer service package
· Employment / interview techniques
To book your place for the swim test please contact Dudley Adult Learning on 01384 818143